- Tones and stimulates the abdominal organs.
- Assists digestion.
- Reduces flatulence and constipation.
- Creates flexibility in the knee joint.
- Creates flexibility in hips and hamstrings.
- Foundation: Lift the inner thigh muscles towards the pelvis. Hollow the groins back to support the pelvis to lift. Extend out from the hips with the spine. Loop the shoulders back to open the chest forward. Firm the hands into the floor on either side of the feet.
- Primary movement: Flexion in both the hips. Extension in the spine.
- Breath: Inhalation to lengthen the spine from the legs. Exhalation to move into the pose. Inhale to lift out of the pose. Exhale to straighten the legs.