- Relieves breathlessness and throat and lung congestion.
- Strengthens the muscles of the chest and the respiratory muscles.
- Tones the abdominal organs and supports the abdominal wall.
- Reduces heartburn and flatulence.
- Tones the spinal and leg muscles.
- Lengthens the ligaments of the legs.
- Improves digestion.
- Helps prevent sciatic pain.
- Prevents tiredness in the feet by stretching the muscles of the feet.
- Foundation: Spinal support is established through the legs and shoulder muscles. Activate the thigh muscles and hollow the groins to ground the femurs. Shoulder loop engages to pull down the shoulder blades and lift the sternum. Chin draws down towards the chest, curving the cervical spine and engaging Jalandhara Bhanda.
- Primary movement: 90-degree flexion in both of the hips. Flexion of the cervical spine.
- Breath: Inhalation lengthen the spine. Exhalation to draw the chin down.