As we slow down, listen within, and watch for what might reveal itself, our body’s stories emerge. No matter what age you are or what kind of body you have (or have had!), the practice and wisdom of yoga can help support the transitions and challenges of a woman’s life. Yoga can also be a powerful expression and exploration of the feminine, yin aspect of being. The cyclical nature of women’s lives reminds us to reconnect with the natural world; in honoring our cycles, we tap into a deeper understanding of planetary awareness.
In course we will explore unique ways to tailor the practice of Yoga to women’s physiology and the varying stages of a women’s life. Included are active and passive yoga, pranayama, meditation, Ayurveda, mandala and group discussion. We will reflect on how these ancient practices can be used as a refuge for women today and support us in leading engaged, connected and compassionate lives.
Some of the topics covered:
- What is the Feminine?
- The Cycles of a Woman’s life
- Breast Health
- Pelvic Health; Hip and SI Joints
- The Belly!
- Supporting Easeful Menses – Practice and Teaching issues
- Women’s history within traditional and modern yoga
- Fertility – on an individual and planetary level
- Pregnancy; Delivery; Post Partum
- Menopause and Ageing with Metta!
- Youth and Education – the next generation.
- Goddess and Artist inspirations for practice
What you will receive
- Lifetime access to over 15 hrs of video instruction
- Downloadable .pdfs and illustrations
- Immediate feedback on comprehension through online assignments
- Library of practical exercises and journaling opportunities
- Desktop, iOS and Android compatible formats
- Certificate of completion from Naada Yoga
- 30 CEU’s recognized by the North American Yoga Alliance
- Advanced standing to Naada Yoga’s 1000 hr Therapeutics Certification
- 10 contact hours redeemable by registered NYTT students
- Lesson 1: THE FEMININE
- Lesson 2: BELLY, BELLY, BELLY
- Lesson 3: CYCLES: MENARCHE – MENOPAUSE
- Lesson 4: FERTILITY
- Lesson 5: MENOPAUSE & AGING
- Lesson 6: MODERN YOGA & ANCIENT FEMININE WISDOM
Mary Paffard was dragged kicking and chain-smoking to her first yoga class in the early 70s in London. It was by no means love at first sight! but it was the first time she could remember feeling the possibility that head, heart and body may all be part of the same continuum. Since then, she shares her passion for, and explorations of, yoga and Vipassna meditation, in classes, workshops and teachers programs nationally and internationally.
Mary has lived off-the-grid on a collective apple farm for over 30 years in Northern California. Director of Teacher Training at Yoga Mendocino, Ukiah California from 2000-2010, Mary co-founded this non profit center and has created teachers programs for training and “un-training”! since the mid 90s. She continues to be part of the Teachers programs faculty at Piedmont Yoga, Oakland and has brought trainings to Mexico, Cuba and Europe through her Yoga Alliance certified school, Yoga for All, at the 200 and 500 hour level.
There are no reviews yet.