- Relieves gastritis, indigestion, acidity, and flatulence.
- Improves flexibility in the spine.
- Alleviates backache.
- Corrects alignment of the shoulders.
- Massages and tones the pelvic and abdominal organs.
- Foundation: Press the feet firmly into the floor drawing the kneecaps straight up and activating the quadriceps towards the hips. Loop the shoulders down the back to stabilize the upper body allowing then for the head to turn.
- Primary Movement: Flexion in the front hip. Extension in the back hip and arms.
- Breath: Inhale to lengthen the spine, legs and arms. Exhale to move into the pose. Inhale to lift out of the pose. Exhale to release the arms and legs.