- Relieves mental and physical stress.
- Slows down the heartbeat and regulates blood pressure.
- Tones the liver, spleen, and kidneys.
- Relieves stomachache by neutralizing acidity.
- Reduces abdominal and back pain during menstruation.
- Reduces depression if practiced regularly.
- Helps alleviate insomnia.
- Increases blood flow to the brain, stimulating the sympathetic nervous system.
- Relieves migraines and stress-related headaches.
- Tones the abdominal organs.
- Strengthens and stretches the hamstring muscles.
- Increases the flexibility in the hip joint.
- Strengthens the knee joint and its surrounding tissue and muscles.
- Foundation: Lift the inner thigh muscles towards the pelvis. Hollow the groins back to support the pelvis to lift. Relax the feet firmly into the floor and lift the inner and outer arches of the feet to engage the muscles in the lower legs.
- Primary movement: Flexion in both the hips.
- Breath: Inhalation to lengthen the spine. Exhalation to flex in the hips.