- Reduces depression, boosts confidence.
- Soothes the brain and the sympathetic nervous system.
- Energizes the heart and lungs.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Relieves stress-related headaches, migraine, and fatigue.
- Tones the abdominal organs.
- Relieves stomachache by neutralizing acidity.
- Relieves lower backache.
- Strengthens the knee joint and makes the hip joint supple.
- Supported version helps regulate menstrual flow.
- Foundation: Lift the inside of the legs and activate the leg muscles by drawing them towards the bones. Loop the shoulders back and widen the front of the chest.
- Primary Movement: Flexion in both of the hips, ankles and wrists.
- Breath: Inhale to extend and prepare the spine. Exhale to flex in both the hips. Inhale to extend the arms and spine. Exhale to place the hands onto the hips. Inhale to lift up and out of the pose back to standing.