- Tones and relaxes the nervous system, helping relieve depression and anxiety.
- Helps with breathlessness, palpitation, extreme fatigue and sunstroke.
- Stabilizes blood pressure and heart rate.
- Helps relieve chronic constipation, indigestion, and excess bile formation.
- Relieves arthritis in the shoulders, wrists and fingers.
- Reduces lower back pain.
- Increases flexibility in hip, knee and ankle joints, and strengthens the ligaments and tendons of the legs.
- Counters the damage to the cartilage of the knee or hamstring muscles, caused by jogging, walking, or other sports.
- Strengthens the arches of the feet and prevents calcaneal spurs.
- When supported can help with heavy menstrual flow.
- When supported can stabilize endocrine system and help with hot flashes during menopause.
- Foundation: Stretch into both legs lifting and toning the muscles. Push the feet into the floor and spread the toes evenly. Stretch into both arms toning all the muscles. Pull the shoulder blades away from the spine and firm the hands into the floor.
- Primary Movement: Flexion in both of the hips and ankles. Extension of both the arms.
- Breath: Exhale to push back into the pose. Exhale to release from the pose.