Naada Yoga is pleased to offer this comprehensive therapeutic training in Back Care with visiting faculty member Francois Raoult. During this four day intensive students will:
- Learn modifications of all asanas suitable for back pain.
- Learn how to design a sequence (vinyasa) for a whole back care class.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the anatomy of the spine, primary and secondary curves, and evolution from quadrupedy to bipedy.
- Define what is “good posture”?
- Examine sitting poses, simple forward bends and rotations for back care.
- Look at the myths and reality about abdominal power.
- Develop therapeutic approaches for scoliosis, sciatica, osteoporosis, spasms and most common back conditions.
- Cover the anatomy and yoga of the foot, yoga practices for hallus and pes valgus , flat/collapsed arches, hammertoes,plantar facsiatis, hyperlaxity of ankle etc.
- Examine resting poses and savanasa for back pain.
François Raoult is dedicated to teaching yoga with awareness, integrity, and compassion. He first felt the call at age 19, on a pilgrimage to sacred sites of India. A graduate of the Ecole Nationale de Yoga in Paris, François began teaching in 1975. A year later, he met the great yogi Sri B.K.S. Iyengar. Today a certified Iyengar instructor, François also has studied meditation with Zen Master Thich Nhat Hahn, Ayurveda with Dr. Svoboda, and anatomy with Thomas Myers. He teaches regularly throughout the US, Europe, Canada and Mexico & appears in “Back Care Basics” by Mary Schatz, MD.
For more information, visit Francois’ website: www.openskyyoga.com
- Access to full weekend workshop : Thursday – Sunday
- All required texts and manuals
- A 1 month unlimited membership at Naada Yoga
All prices do not include tax
This course is part of Naada Yoga’s ongoing teacher training program. To apply for any of the full Naada Yoga Teacher Training programs please apply here:APPLY