- Rests and massages the heart.
- Soothes the adrenal glands.
- Tones the kidneys, bladder and pancreas.
- Activates a sluggish liver and improves the digestive system.
- Supports the pelvic organs and the entire reproductive system in men and women.
- Sharpens memory.
- Soothes the sympathetic nervous system.
- Reduces angina pain.
- Relieves chronic headaches, migraines and eye strain.
- Reduces stress in the facial muscles.
- Alleviates stress-related compression or a feeling of tightness in the throat and diaphragm.
- Strengthens the vertebral joints and stretches the ligaments of the spine.
- Foundation: Flatten the feet to firm the leg muscles and lift the kneecaps and quadriceps towards the hips. Send the thighbones into the floor to lift the spine forward from the hips. Activate the shoulder loop to open the chest forward form the legs.
- Primary Movement: Flexion in both of the hips.
- Breath: Inhale to lengthen the spine. Exhale to move into the forward bend. Inhale to come out of the pose back to a seated position.