- Stimulates the thyroid gland, increasing the whole metabolic rate.
- Improves blood circulation in the abdomen.
- Tones the abdominal muscles and organs.
- Relieves indigestion and flatulence.
- Tones the kidneys.
- Reduces lower backache by strengthening the spinal muscles.
- Tones the leg muscles.
- Relieves stiffness in the leg and hips.
- Tones the lower back muscles.
- Supports proper lung function.
- Foundation: Spinal support is established through the legs, chest, back and shoulder muscles. Activate the inner thigh muscles and hollow the groins back to lift the femurs. Engage the triceps and the shoulder loop in order to avoid the upper body from collapsing. Lift the chin off the chest and keep the eyes focused softly on the big toes.
- Primary movement: Flexion in both the hips. Arms extend parallel to the floor.
- Breath: Inhalation to lengthen the spine. Exhalation to extend the legs and arms.