- Eases the effects of stress on the heart and on the mind.
- Stabilizes blood pressure.
- Gradually corrects curvature of the spine and rounded shoulders.
- Eases stiffness in the shoulder, hip, elbow, wrist, and finger joints.
- Tones the abdominal organs.
- Relieves stiffness in the legs and strengthens their muscles.
- Increase blood flow to the brain.
- Relieves chronic headaches, migraine, or eye strain.
- Reduces angina pain.
- Reduces stress-related appetite loss.
- Vitalizes the adrenal gland and relaxes the thyroid gland.
- Improves bladder control.
- Supports pelvic health.
- Reduces menstrual cramps
- Foundation: Thighbones draw back towards the hips and push the legs and pelvis down into the floor. Shoulders extend from the arms and extend the spine from the hips.
- Primary Movement: Flexion in both hips. Extension in the spine forward.
- Breath: Inhale to lengthen the spine. Exhale to move into the pose. Inhale to lift the spine back to vertical. Exhale to release the arms and legs.