- Increases lung capacity.
- Improves blood circulation to all the organs of the body.
- Tones the muscles of the back and spine.
- Removes stiffness in the shoulders, back, and ankles.
- Regulates menstrual flow.
- Foundation: Press the ankles firmly into the hands. Lift the quadriceps towards the groins, hollowing the groins back. Draw the tailbone in and forward. Pull the upper arms towards the shoulder joints and expand the sternum forward.
- Primary movement: Extension in both of the hips, knees and ankles. Extension in the arms. Extension in the spine. Hyper-extension in the cervical spine.
- Breath: Exhale to prepare. Inhale to lift into the pose. Exhale to release from the pose.