- Reduces depression, boosts confidence.
- Energizes the heart and lungs.
- Relieves stomachache.
- When supported, reduces abdominal and back pain during menstruation.
- Foundation: Lift the inner thigh muscles towards the pelvis. Hollow the groins back to support the pelvis to lift. Relax the feet firmly into the floor and lift the inner and outer arches of the feet to engage the muscles in the lower legs. Extend out from the hips with the spine. Loop the shoulders back to open the chest forward. Firm the hands into the floor on either side of the feet
- Primary movement: Flexion in both the hips. Extension in the spine.
- Breath: Inhalation to lengthen the spine from the legs. Exhalation to release.