- Develops the strength and flexibility in the legs and hips.
- Improves concentration and focus.
- Improves digestion.
- Improves flexibility in the spine.
- Alleviates backache.
- Strengthens the ankles.
- Reduces discomfort during menstruation.
- Tones the abdominal and pelvic organs.
- Foundation: Press firmly into both feet. Press into floor with the standing foot, lifting the kneecaps and activating the quadriceps towards the hip.
- Primary Movement: Balance on one leg. Extension in the standing leg and arms.
- Breath: Inhale to balance on one foot. Exhale to extend the arms overhead. Exhale to release form the pose.