- Develops the strength and flexibility in the legs and hips.
- Improves concentration and focus.
- Improves digestion.
- Improves flexibility in the spine.
- Alleviates backache.
- Strengthens the ankles.
- Reduces discomfort during menstruation.
- Tones the abdominal and pelvic organs.
- Foundation: Push the feet firmly into the floor. Lift the inner thigh muscles towards the pelvis. Hollow the groins back to support the pelvis to lift. Draw the heads of the shoulders back and in.
- Primary movement: Flexion in the support hip. Extension in the extended hip and spine.
- Breath: Exhale to prepare. Inhale to move into the pose.