- Tones the spine.
- Supports and strengthens the abdominal and pelvic organs.
- Helps to prevent excess menstrual flow and eases menstrual cramps.
- Tones the leg muscles.
- Helps alleviate sciatica.
- Foundation: Activate the legs muscles by pressing the tops of the feet firmly into the ground and hug the muscles close to the bones. Press the hands firmly into the floor and roll the upper arm bones back towards the heels.
- Primary Movement: Extension in both of the hips and plantar flexion in both of the ankles. Extension in the upper back and hyper-extension in the lower back.
- Breath: Inhale to move into the pose. Exhale to come out of the pose.