- Supports proper spinal alignment.
- Increases lung capacity.
- Helps regulate blood pressure.
- Tones the muscles of the back and spine.
- Removes stiffness in the shoulders and back.
- Relieves menstrual and menopausal discomfort when supported.
- Stretches the chest, neck, and spine.
- Helps alleviate stress.
- Stimulates abdominal organs, lungs, and thyroid.
- Reduces anxiety, fatigue, and insomnia.
- Foundation: Press your feet and your upper arm bones firmly into the floor. Activate the shoulder loop to open the chest.
- Primary Movement: Hyper-extension in the lower back. Extension in both of the hips.
- Breath: Inhale to move into the pose. Exhale to release form the pose.