- Relieves gastritis, indigestion, acidity, and flatulence.
- Improves flexibility in the spine.
- Alleviates backache.
- Corrects alignment of the shoulders and hips.
- Massages and tones the pelvic and abdominal organs.
- Foundation: Firmly press your two feet and hand into the floor. Tighten your kneecaps and quadriceps and pull them up. Extend your arms away from the midline of your body and pull the heads of the shoulders slightly back.
- Primary Movement: Push the feet and hand firmly down in order for the spine to lengthen and twist.
- Breath: Inhalation to prepare standing. Exhalation to fold forward. Inhale to extend the spine. Exhale to twist.