- Enhances lung capacity.
- Tones the muscles of the heart.
- Relieves sciatic and arthritic pain.
- Improves digestion and elimination.
- Foundation: Firmly press your feet and hand into the floor. Tighten your kneecaps and quadriceps and pull them up. Extend your arms away from the midline of your body and pull the heads of the shoulders slightly back.
- Primary Movement: Twist in the spine. Flexion in front hip and extension in the back hip and spine.
- Breath: Inhale to prepare. Exhale to twist. Inhale and extend the spine and prepare the arms. Exhale to move into pose.