- Eases the effects of stress on the heart and on the mind.
- Stabilizes blood pressure.
- Gradually corrects curvature of the spine and rounded shoulders.
- Eases stiffness in the shoulder, hip, elbow, wrist, and finger joints.
- Tones the abdominal organs.
- Relieves stiffness in the legs and strengthens their muscles.
- Relieves chronic headaches, migraine, or eye strain.
- Reduces angina pain.
- Reduces stress-related appetite loss.
- Vitalizes the adrenal gland and relaxes the thyroid gland.
- Improves bladder control.
- Supports pelvic health.
- Foundation: Flatten the feet to firm the leg muscles and lift the kneecaps and quadriceps towards the hips. Send the thighbones into the floor to lift the spine forward from the hips. Activate the shoulder loop to open the chest forward form the legs.
- Primary Movement: Flexion in both of the hips.
- Breath: Inhale to lengthen the spine. Exhale to move into the forward bend. Inhale to come out of the pose back to a seated position.