- Stretches the chest, lungs, shoulders, neck, belly, and groins.
- Strengthens the shoulders, arms, and the muscles of the back.
- Strengthens and stretches the thighs, calves, and ankles.
- Relieves backache and sciatica.
- Tones the abdominal muscles.
- Supports abdominal and pelvic organs.
- Relieves menstrual pain.
- Foundation: Press the feet firmly into the floor and lift the kneecaps. Push your shoulder blades inwards and then allow them to lift.
- Primary Movement: Flexion in the front hip and knee. Extension into the back hip and leg. Extension in the spine and arms.
- Breath: Inhale to lift into the pose. Exhale to release out of the pose.