- Enhances lung capacity.
- Tones the muscles of the heart.
- Relieves sciatic and arthritic pain.
- Improves digestion and elimination.
- Foundation: Press the feet firmly into the floor and lift the kneecaps to the hips. Push your top shoulder blade inwards and then allow it to lift. Pull your bottom shoulder down and in. Shoulder loop action helps to rotate the upper chest to the ceiling.
- Primary Movement: Flexion in the front hip and knee. Extension into the back hip and leg. Extension in the arms. Slight rotation in the upper spine.
- Breath: Inhale to bend the front knee and lift the arms. Exhale to move into the pose. Exhale to look down before coming up. Inhale to lift to standing and extend the legs. Exhale to release the arms and legs.