- Strengthens the knee and hip joints.
- Tones the abdominal organs.
- Improves digestion.
- Alleviates lower back pain.
- Relieves menstrual pain.
- Foundation: Press the feet firmly into the floor. Lift the kneecaps and quadriceps towards the groins, hollowing the groins back. Stretch the arms towards the ceiling.
- Primary movement: Flexion in both of the hips, knees and ankles. Extension in the arms.
- Breath: Exhale to bend the knees. Inhale to lift the arms overhead. Exhale to release from the pose.