- Helps to correct posture.
- Energizes the nervous system.
- Improves blood circulation to all the organs of the body.
- Tones the muscles of the back of the spine.
- Removes stiffness in the shoulders, back, and ankles.
- Relieves abdominal cramps.
- Regulates menstrual flow.
- Energizes the heart and lungs.
- Foundation: Lift the inside of the legs and activate the leg muscles by drawing them towards the bones. Pull the groins back and the tailbone forward. Loop the shoulders back, draw the shoulder blades in and forward and widen the front of the chest.
- Primary Movement: Extension in the hips, arms and spine. Hyper-extension in the cervical spine. Flexion in both the knees.
- Breath: Inhale to extend and prepare the spine. Exhale to place the hands onto the feet. Inhale, chin to chest and to lift out of the pose. Exhale to place the hands together and flex in the hips.