- Alleviates hypertension.
- Calms the nervous system.
- Improves the function of the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- Alleviates asthma, bronchitis, and throat ailments.
- Supports the immune system.
- Reduces menstrual cramps and helps to regulate menstrual flow.
- Foundation: Shoulder loop engages which causes the humerus bones to pull back and the chest to lift. That force from the upper body permits the lower body to shoot up.
- Primary Movement: Flexion in elbows. Extension in the shoulders, and lower body.
- Breath: Inhale to lift into the pose. Exhale to release from the pose.