- Develops joint and muscle flexibility in the hips, knees and spine.
- Reduces lower backache.
- Improves digestion.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Helps to alleviate nervous tension, migraine, insomnia, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Relaxes the body and eases breathing.
- Foundation: Let the weight of the legs and pelvis descend back and down to the floor. Let the forehead release down so the neck muscles relax.
- Primary Movement: Flexion in both of the hips and spine.
- Breath: Inhale to prepare the spine. Exhale to move into the pose. Inhale slowly to come out of the pose.